Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Sears KSX Mirror problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Sears KSX Mirror problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

geowelch

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 07:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I bought a Sears KSX for very little on eBay recently. It had two problems when it arrived. Firstly, the shutter was jammed. Secondly, the mirror moves very slowly the first time the shutter is released after the camera has been sitting for more than a couple of hours.

The shutter jam was fixed, but the mirror problem persists. It doesn't seem to matter what shutter speed it is set to. Behaviour of the shutter returns to normal after the first shot. The meter works fine, and, except for the mirror glitch the camera functions well on both automatic and manual. To make things worse, the problem is intermittent.

The camera had obviously not been used for some time when I got it: lots of dust on the outside. Does this sound like a mechanical or electronic problem? I like the camera and would like to see it working properly. Any suggestions welcome.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 07:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It sounds like a dirt problem... lubricants in the mirror mechanism becoming thick and sticky. It may require some disassembly to get it cleaned out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration