Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon VI-L frame counter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon VI-L frame counter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arthur

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Canon VI-L rangefinder that has an intermittant failure of the frame counter. I can eventually get it to work again by rotating the toothed disk which barely protrudes from the upper front corner, by the wind lever, but have not found a repeatable way to do this. The disk can move either easily or with great resistance, and the direction of rotation that results in the fix is not consistant. After moving the disk, at some point there is a very light, quiet click whereupon the counter works again. I would like to be able to fix this permanently - or understand what is going on, so I can get it fixed quickly when it fails - I appreciate any help. Also if anyone knows of a repair facility which is capable of working on this camera, I would appreciate that information also.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration