Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FX II Shutter/Curtains problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica FX II Shutter/Curtains problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Andrea

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 02:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello!
Happy to read about this forum!
It's not easy to find something about "old" cameras along this digital years!
So, I bought a Yashica FX II on Ebay, and it's has a mechanical problem.
I'll try to explain, sorry for my bad English!!!
HTe camera works fine at all times setted up, except for 1/60.
Infact if I shoot at 1/60, mirror remains locked up and curtain doesn't close completely (it remains a little bit open on the left side, watching the camera from rear).
Then I need to re charge the lever and re shoot in order to unblock the shutter.
I tried to dismantle the lower of the camera and I realized that there is a long lever which acts on a smaller one. When shutter remains blocked, the small lever does not returns to its original position. I noted that if I posh that lever, a little in the inverse sense respect to the return direction, all the mechanism frees, mirror closes and shutters closes.
I don't know why this mechanism blocks itself!!!

I also tried to do another thing, and probably this thing is very very bad.
Under the bottom cover there are also two little gears (probably the curtains tension regulators) I moved one of that and now I can't bring it to its original position...
However I discovered that If I leave that gear completely not tightened, the camera works also at 1/60.

Does someone can help me? I have some hopes to adjust it?
Thanks for your attenction, best regards from Italy!!!
Andrea.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration