Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME shuuter not cocking. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax ME shuuter not cocking. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

John nunn

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 03, 2005 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I wonder if anyone can pinpoint the problem. My "Me" has to be wound a number of times before it cocks the shutter. Once it has cocked, I have no problem going onto the next frame and continuing for more frames,, But if I leave the camera for a day or so, the problem arises again, and I have to wind a few frames again to cock the shutter.. Many thanks in advance for any advice. Regards, John.

Gary Janchik

Posted on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 - 08:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You have a common problem. There is a mirror charge latch which gets sluggish on that model and needs to be lubed. It can be seen from the bottom as the mirror mech. nears the latch at end of winding. It can be lubed from there if you have a junker to study the latch location, but its easy to pull the front standard on that camera and fix it proper.
GL
Gary

John Nunn

Posted on Thursday, May 05, 2005 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Gary I will have a look, I don't know what you mean when you say pull the front standard.. Many thanks, John.

Roman Dubravsky

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 08:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See "Pentax ME Super Ramblings" on Camera & Repair Articles page of this server.
Pull the front standard:
- dismount top cover
- slice two pieces of front leatherete
- release two screws next to viewfinder
- release four screws on front plate (they were hidden under leatherette)
- unsold four wires near to shutter "gearbox"
- pull out assembly of mirror box, lens bayonet, pentaprism & electronics
Now you can clean and lubricate mirror-moving mechanics.

John Nunn

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 10:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Roman,,..WOW!!.I think after doing that, I won't forget what pulling the front standard means. Regards, John.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration