Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon ae1 program flip mirror flopped Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon ae1 program flip mirror flopped « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Laura Porto

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 03:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

During a time exposure on my canon ae1 program my battery died whilst the mirror was down. Since then i have replaced the battery but the mirror will not go back and the shutter release button only activates the light meter. As for the film advance it is at a stand still. I can't get it to budge. This camera holds sentimental value to me so if anyone knows how to fix it i would really appreciate it. I know it is not the battery as i have a brand new alkaline battery in it and the battery tester beep beeps at an aceptable rate.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

doug

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 05:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Laura
Try this, remove the 3 screws on the base, With the lens pointing away from you, on the right hand side,there is a clear plastic cover,just above this is a post with a spring on it, on the left where the spring is attached.place you nail and push towards the front of the camera, if the mirror operates, then you can try the camera.
This sounds a lot but the hardest part is getting a screw driver small enough to use.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration