Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta 50mm F1.7 Rokkor-X Reassembly... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta 50mm F1.7 Rokkor-X Reassembly Challenge « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Turner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been attempting to reassemble a 50mm f1.7 Minolta MC Rokkor-X PF lens. I should have been more observant on disassembly.

There is a chrome piece held by 2 screws within a slot on the aperture ring. It appears to function by allowing the aperture to open or close within its f-stop range in conjnction with the actuation pins. Seems it can be installed only in one or two ways. Most of that chrome piece locates within the lens chamber next to the rear section of the aperture actuation mechanism. Does anyone have suggestions? I searched the Interent but only come up with other types of Minolta lenses. Rokkor-X MC series is rather unique. From what I can see this is a very well made lens. I also need a filter ring for that lens in case anyone has spare parts.

Thanks in advance.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary Turner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 08:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I finally figured out how to get that lens reassembled properly. Sometimes it pays to wait a day and try again. I wish more lenses were so well designed and repairer friendly. Minolta had their act together with the MC & MC Rokkors.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration