Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XG-A meter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Minolta XG-A meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

gowf67

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the meter is acting wierd. Sometimes it works, sometimes is goes haywire, up and down through the shutter speed leds in the viewfinder. Even depressing it slightly does not correct the flakiness. I've found if I rub the sensor/trigger with my shirt it seems to work a little better. Sometimes if I leave it off for a few minutes,then try again it works better. I've replaced the batteries twice and they check out fine with the camera's battery tester mode. It was CLA'd in 2003

Is there anything else I can check/blow/lubricate to improve the situation? I'm not afraid to remove the trigger if I need to.

Mike

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is frequently caused by a dirty variable resistor somewhere- the f-value resistor under the lens mount (the most common cause in my experience), the shutter resistor under the shutter speed dial, or the asa value resistor under the rewind.

You can try moving them all through their full ranges a number of times which will sometimes clean them up and let them work for a while. If that doesn't work, it's time to take it apart and clean them properly.

Don

Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2005 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the same problem with an XG-7. I had it in a local "repair shop" three times to no avail. They say they changed out the ASA contact assembly and cleaned the DIAP contacts. I'm assuming they did take it apart and clean it. Any more suggestions?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration