Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica MG-1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica MG-1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently had a problem with the frame counter of my MG-1. I manged to fix that, but now the film advance lever doesn't want to return, but does so slowly, and the actual spool inside the film compartment doesn't turn at all. Can't help thinking I've screwed something up by turning the frame counter wheel by hand to check it's operation. Nothing inside is obviously broken. Any ideas?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Luckily, I can answer my own question. The problems started when I had to take the top cover off; the frame counter had jammed and the glass from the frame window was missing. I could tell by the marks on the camera that it had been apart before, so I took it apart hoping to find the missing glass inside and fix the counter.

I fixed the counter, but the glass was nowhere to be seen. I reassembled the camera, and found the problem stated above. It had been fine before I took the top cover off, so I kept going back to see what I'd done wrong. I found nothing, but then I'm new at this!

In desperation, I took the bottom plate off. There, jamming something important, was the glass from the frame window. I prised it out, and suddenly the camera started working. I glued it back in place upstairs, and all is well.

The film wind lever is badly marked by the two holes used for unscrewing (previous owner, not me). Anyone got any ideas how to paint it? Enamel? Smooth hammerite? Looks rough at the moment.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration