Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Chinon PW 530 power winder disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Chinon PW 530 power winder disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Leo Gottfried

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 09:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to fix the remote plug on my Chonon PW 530 motor winder but have not been able to fing how to dissasemble it to get to the plug.
I already took off the four screws in the bottom plate but cannot release the plate.
Can somebody help me with that?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Leo Do you mean the Power Winder,I can find no reference to a Motor Winder? Have a PW 530 Power Winder in my hand.What do you mean by bottom plate and 4 screws? On the bottom, where tripod bush is there are 5 screws, but are you assuming like me that the one nearest the tripod bush holds the bush?. Anyway, way in as follows I think;Remove the leatherette covering that is on the TOP of winder, where contacts are.Remover screws.Remove battery holder.Remove the two screws on the bottom under the control panel.Remove the two screws that are on the base at grip end which are in the raised plastic circles.The aim is to open the unit by splitting the alloy upper half-grip and camera platform from the plastic lower bit, which mainly contains the battery holder.I have not fully pulled this one apart, just loosened screws enough to see what moved So NOTE this; under the leatherette (self adhsive by the way)there are six screws.Holding grip in right hand, only remove the three screws to LEFT of rewind plunger.I think three around wind key hold the gear plates.On the bottom there is a screw alongside tripod bush,this does not appear to be a case screw.If removing the said seven screws does not fully release bottom half you can contact me and I will pull this spares unit apart and tell you what else needs removing.There are three screws hidden by the control panel facia plate,but I am sure that these only hold the panel to the alloy top half.The facia plate is easily damaged when trying to lift it. The only other screw that may need removing is the aforementioned one by the tripod bush.It looks like the battery contacts remain attached to the alloy half.Hope this helps but have no time to pull the unit at this moment. If you need any spares let me know,it was given to me so you can have them for free. Glenn

Leo

Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

will try that Glenn - thank you for your generous offer - i'll make use of it if needed... do you have an e mail address?

Leo

Posted on Friday, May 13, 2005 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK Glenn - thanks to your help I was able to disassemble and get to the Miniplug socket.
Unfortunately - this is not a regular socket but a one piece assemby that includes the four pins that connect to the camera bottom contacts. The socket has some kind of internal mechanical problem (some thin contact inside must be bent or broken).
I'll take you on your offer. Please let me know if and how could I get the winder you have in order to "harvest" from it the plug socket I need.
Kindest regards and thanks again for your help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration