Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to clean a shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » How to clean a shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

laurent

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 06:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hello,
i try to restaure an AGFA Isolette with sticky shutter and slow speeds very slow...
in what kind of liquid can i clean this shutter
thanx

Topcon RE Superman

Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 07:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

most people use lighter fluid the old kind not butane with the chemical being nathalane. an alternative would be TV tuner cleaner with out lubericant if still avalible in your area it's very important that there be no lubricant or residue.

Alex

Posted on Sunday, May 15, 2005 - 01:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have cleaned several Agfa Isolette shutters successfully using lighter fuel, as suggested above. I generally took the lenses off too, so that I could clean and re-grease the threads to improve the feel of the focussing. I keep little glass dishes to do the soaking in, the kind of little glass dishes that some types of yogurt and creams are sold in. They are just the right size to sit a shutter assembly in.

Obviously, with lighter fuel, you have to be very careful to keep away from any kind of naked flame. You won't need to lubricate the shutter when you've cleaned it, they are designed to run dry.

laurent

Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 11:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanx a lot guys...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration