Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax SMC-A 28mm 1:2.8 Loose front e... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pentax SMC-A 28mm 1:2.8 Loose front element « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Mottram

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I have recently acquired this lens, and it's in good external condition, with clean optics, and is giving very sharp images. However the front element is noticeably loose, moving visibly by about 1/2 mm under light pressure, or with gentle shaking.

Please could some kind person point me to instructions on how to tighten it? I've had no luck searching this forum or more widely on the net.

Many thanks,

Steve

paul ron

Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking at mine and the only thing I see is to remove the name ring, then tighten the retainer. Is the name ring loose?

Steve Mottram

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 03:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Paul, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the terminology yet - what is the "name ring"? Is this the flat plate that surrounds the front element, made of some slightly flexible plastic material? (I'm guessing that this might be the "name ring", as on some lenses the lens name is written on this plate, but on this specific one, the name is written on the bevelled font edge of the focus ring) The plate around the element seems to be free to rotate with some finger pressure, but I don't know what tools to use to remove it without causing damage. All the other parts of the lens body seem solid with no play in them. Thanks for your help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration