Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei 35se Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Rollei 35se « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rod

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 02:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I have a Rollei 35se and was told I need a new shutter cocking mechanism from the place I took it in Philadelphia, Roth Camera. The said they couldn't find the part and were reluctent to work on it. I offered to buy another on Ebay to be used as a parts camera, they told me the above. I want to keep this one as it was my fathers.

So, is this part available anywhere and where could I send it to be serviced? What about the cost of the part? Any ideas would be very helpful.
Thanks,
Rod

M Currie

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 09:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know about availability of the part, but Vermont Camera Works in Pittsford, VT repairs older cameras, and might be willing to take yours on. They often seem to be able to find parts, so you might get lucky. I think you can get an estimate using their web form.

http://www.vermontcamera.com/

Rod

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll check it out.
I also found Harry Fleenor, in California. He has a lot of experiance with Rollei's.
Thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration