Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rollei35 meter / disasembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Rollei35 meter / disasembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pablo meissner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 03:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi, I recently owned a rollei 35 with tessar 40/3.5 and it has some problem with metering.
1. battery is ok
2. metter sometimes working / ometimes not.
3. it seems that rotating time dial has some influence but I understand that it hasn't any connection with CDS meter since it is independent...
4. I think I have to disasembly the camera to check wiring.
5. Do you know how to take off the top of the camera, I expect some quirks.... for example I don't know how to pull out the rewind lever??

Reiner

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 01:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rewind lever is at the bottom not at the top. Do a keyword search for "Rollei 35" and you will find some information how to remove the top. If you have more specific questions I might be able to answer. Propably the soldered connection of the battery compartment to the internal wiring is corroded. That is the usual Rollei 35 syndrome.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Reiner,

I think what Pablo was referring to was the rewind release lever - that is indeed located on the back of the top plate, next to the eyepiece.

There is a trick to remove it - it's actually quite simple; but I forgot........ I believe the info can be found by searching the archives.

Good luck,

Jan

Reiner

Posted on Wednesday, May 18, 2005 - 04:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Pablo, if you mean the rewind release lever you have to unscrew the screw and the lever first. Then you will see the upper part of a small excentric bolt. Seize it firmly but carefully with a small pliers and pull it out and turn it in same time. It is the trickiest part when trying to get the top cap off.

When you have the cap off you will see the wiring of the light meter. Check it! Check also the isolation within the top cap. If it is defective there might be short circuits. This would easily explain a meter which somtimes work and sometimes not.

If the junction to the battery contact requires resoldering it might become difficult. The battery contact is of a kind of steel which accepts no solder. Rollei has welded a little appendix to the contact which is soldable. If the appendix is off you propably have to replace the whole battery contact by a soldable material.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration