Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replating Top and Bottom Plates. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Replating Top and Bottom Plates. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

ALAN COATS

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 18, 2005 - 02:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would to know how to remove the top cover plate
from the Canon FTBN.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2005 - 08:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Alan,

The FTBn is very easy:
Remove battery cover and battery
Unscrew the rewind knob - place suitable screwdriver blade in the shaft fork to hold shaft.
TAPE A PIECE OF CARD around end of door to stop door inadvertently latching closed.If you push rewind shaft into body you can have heck of a job opening latched door!
Set shutter to B uncocked
Using pin wrench remove the shutter dial and wind on lever plus locating plate and washers.
I always remove the two grub screws in the shutter release lock and remove same.However I cannot remember if top will remove with lock in place - I remove to clean and lube as matter of course.
Remove all crosshead screws that you see in top;one just above mount,two in back and one at rewind end.
Lift top straight up and 'off'.Note the top is still attached to body by length of wire to hotshoe.Unsolder wire.
If required you can then remove hotshoe - gently remove cover plate first,I think the meter switch lever is retained by a ring which is straked on.This will require care in removing if you need to go that far.

Glenn.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration