Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica electro 35 gsn exposure meter... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica electro 35 gsn exposure meter calibration « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graham

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 12:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

Does anyone have a quick fix to calibrate the exposure meter of an electro 35 GSN. The camera in question is underexposing by about 2 stops as compared to an SLR, a hand held exposure meter and an original 1967 35 electro. If I set the film speed at 50 ASA the red and orange lights function as expected for 200 ASA film. It seems that the CDS cell is too sensitive, I'm hoping that somewhere there is an adjustment pot. The mechanical linkage from the asa dial to the CDS window is fine.

I look forward to receiving help!!

John

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 06:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As far as I can remember, there is no pot anywhere. Assuming your pad is OK, it would be worth checking the resistor chain inside the lens housing to make sure that the contacts are clean and none of the resistors has gone out of whack.

Also check Roger's site at provins.org and check the circuit diagram there.

charlie

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 06:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are you using a new battery with the correct voltage? This is more important in some cameras than others.

Graham

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 05:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks guys,

I'm using a new 4LR44 battery (6V)in the faulty GSN, the same that I use in my perfect electro 35.

I believe that the pad is fine in this example, I'll examine the circuit diagram and check out the contacts and resistor chain.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration