Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Conditioning an Iskra Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Conditioning an Iskra « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jan Bernhardtz

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 03:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I'm new to this forum and I have recently bought an Iskra that is a bit stiff when focusing. I wonder if someone knows how to remove the lens and shutter for cleaning? I can't find any information regarding this. Thanks.

tim

Posted on Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 04:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello Jan,
I bought an Iskra too, one year ago.
It is not so hard to go into the camera, just take your screwdrivers and go!
Be carefull with the shutter blades, you should better not dismantle every parts of the shutter,
the most difficult consist in reassembling.
I spent few hours trying to put that together, that's why.

But you can easily remove the lenses and the shutter, clean them, for a quick check up. Remember to adjust the infinity focus at the end of your job.

You can find great articles here to know the good way for basic clean up and adjustments.

The Iskra is a nice camera, I like it.
I'm not sure the lense is so good as I read it in some articles but it's fine anyway.

Jan Bernhardtz

Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 03:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Tim, I can see four screws from the inside. I guess those are the ones to unscrew to remove the lens and shutter. I'll try that. The shutter seems to be in good shape with correct times. It's only the distance scale that is somewhat stiff.

tim

Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The four screws are not the good ones!
You have to remove the ring around the lens from the inside belows. This one retains the complete shutter. But before you must unscrew the shutter from the front.(i'm trying to remember...)

Remove all what you can from the front, if the inside ring will not leave the shutter.

What do you mean by "distance scale"?
The rotation of the focusing ring?
I think you can relube it easily... when shutter is out!

Jan Bernhardtz

Posted on Friday, May 20, 2005 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes of course I mean the focusing ring. I have before cleaned and lubricated an Isolette. The procedure with the Iskra should be similar though they don't look the same. I just have to find the right screws. Thanks Tim.

max

Posted on Wednesday, May 31, 2006 - 04:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everybody,
after purchasing an Iskra on ebay, I discovered that two of the three screws fixing the objective are missing, so it's free to rotate slightly and this makes it far from operating correctly.
I removed the front lens and the two front rings (speeds and apertures) but now there's the shutter covering the area of the missing screws.
Is it possible to remove it without disassembling its parts and how can I do it?
Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration