Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Power problems with yash electro Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Power problems with yash electro « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Clayton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a Yashica Electro GSN and am having power troubles. I've tried two different battery set-ups, both with the 6 volt a544 and radioshack's clone. the thing is i'm not getting any power into the camera. neither the yellow and red lights work nor the battery check.

if anyone has anysuggestions about opening the camera, and specifically where I might look first for the missing connection, I'd be appreciative.
Thanks,

Winfried

Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 10:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In your case probably the battery wire is broken. Check the archives for keywords like Yashica - battery wire, and I am sure you will find previous postings concerning this issue.

charlie

Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

On mine the wire from the battery compartment to the battery test switch was corroded through. If you remove the two little screws on either side of the battery check button and remove the plate you can see if this is the case. (Scotch tape the button to the plate before doing ths or the button may drop into the camera.) If you need to replace this wire you will have to remove the top cover and botom plate. There are wiring diagrams and illustrations on the internet showing how to do this. Start with "The Yashica Guy" website.

john

Posted on Monday, May 23, 2005 - 09:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had a similar probem to Charlie's but in my case the wire was corroded in two where it attached to the battery spring. The corrosion had also traveled up the wire from that point and had no connectivity. A new wire had to be installed to the spring and to the battery test switch. Simple fix, if you can solder.

charlie

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Actually, being unsure of my soldering skills, I attached the wire using a dab of conductive epoxy from a rear window defroster repair kit being careful to confine it to the wire and pad in question. Works fine.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration