Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM10 unknown bit sticking out Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM10 unknown bit sticking out « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stephen Conway

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have dropped my cherished OM10. My 50mm standard Zuiko was fitted and it is beyond repair because that is what it landed on. It breaks my heart it was a lens that I was proud to have kept mint for 25 years.

Anyway the camera seemed to work ok, but when I looked inside the body there was a bit of wire shaped like a hock sticking out of a little hole on the right hand side as you look at the camera face on. I haven't a clue what it is or where it should go.

Does anybody know what this is and where it should go. I would be very greatful if anyone could help me out.

Many Thanks
Steve.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick oleson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 22, 2005 - 02:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Steve:

It sounds like the end of a spring. I can't quite tell from your description exactly where it is, and I don't have an OM10 to look at for clues. I don't suppose you could email me a digital photo of it?

(as for the lens, f/1.8 zuikos can be had VERY cheap lately...)

rick : ) =

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration