Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit 12XP - shutter replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Zenit 12XP - shutter replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 10:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just picked up a Zenit 12XP, and the shutter is kaput. The camera was dropped. There is a ding on the prism, but the lens is ok. I was told the camera took great pics, but it was left in a basement where his kids may have gotten to it. The shutter curtain is totalled. Are the shutters interchangeable on different Zenit models? Also, how would I go about changing the shutter curtain?

P Laskey

Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 07:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It would probably be easier and cheaper to get another camera off ebay in this case. However I believe Zenits always used the same shutter mechanism.
PL

Naresh

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

go to okvintagecamera.com, and Tom Tiger's site. Also Rick Oleson and one more site which actually had the materials to use and so on for a different make. Shutter curtains are relatively easy, I would recommend a full CLA. Try and join the Zenit Camera Group on Yahoo, it's quite good.

Rob

Posted on Tuesday, July 26, 2005 - 10:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Naresh, I think I may go the route that P Laskey has suggested... In the meantime, I took the flash mount off for a home made flash/camera/umbrella bracket, and I sold the battery cover to a fellow in Northern Ireland. Thanks anyway.
P.S. The all in one bracket is wonderful, and it's good for quick conversion if the rain starts.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration