Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

LTM Rigid Industar 50 disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » LTM Rigid Industar 50 disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lucas Baumgartner

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I am currently taking apart a LTM Rigid Industar 50 that has an aperture problem. I'm stuck because I can't get the retaining ring (with the logo and lettering etc.) off. I don't have a proper rubber tool but I did cut an eraser and attempted that, no luck. Has anyone taken apart this lens and can remember how they got this off?

Thanks very much for your replies,

Lucas Baumgartner
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, May 28, 2005 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have always understood that rigid 50 was the lens cell of collapsible 50 with modified aperture control ring,set in that great fat mount.Looking at pictures of your lens and the actual pieces of a dismantled collapsible.Isn't the name ring part of the aperture control ring?Thus it does not unscrew.

The collapsible takes apart from the rear.On front of your lens are two slotted retaining rings.If lens uses same cell,there will be two similar rings in back of lens.You have to pull out a baffle ring to get at them on collapsible. The outer ring holds the complete cell in the mount and the inner holds the rear element in place.Unscrewing the outer allows the cell to slide out,after loosening a grub-screw in side of barrel.Do not misplace any focus shims that may also come out.

At front the outer slotted ring retains the aperture ring,the inner the front element.Looking at pictures of your lens,the front is not much different to my collapsibles.If the name ring moves when you set aperature my understading of construction is correct.If name ring does not move, then remove the outer front slotted ring and name ring should lift out.

If the mount follows Jupiter 8 thinking,then by loosening the various grub-screws around the barrel you can remove the scales etc and you may find that the control ring is retained by grub screws, that are hidden by the aperture scale.

Sorry I cannot be more helpful but only use the collapsible 50s.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration