Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon T70 shift buttons Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon T70 shift buttons « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Wallage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2005 - 07:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
This morning at a boot fair I picked up very cheaply a Canon T70 body in a rather dirty condition and with corroded battery contacts. Fortunately, it had a body cap in position and the inside seems very clean. After cleaning the contacts and putting in new batteries it came to life and every function, except one, seems to be working OK. The one that doesn’t work is the Down shift button just above the liquid crystal display. The Up button works fine so I can cycle through all the modes, but the ISO and shutter speeds don’t cycle, they need the Down button to go down. At the moment it’s stuck on 1600 ISO. I can use the camera OK with 400 ISO film by putting it on to manual mode, reading the aperture in the viewfinder and then compensating a couple of stops on the lens so I will run a film through it to see how it performs, but it would be nice to have the fully automatic functions all working.

I’ve downloaded the service manual but it doesn’t make it clear whether or not the Up and Down buttons are a sealed unit, nor whether it is necessary to unsolder the seven connections to the flexible circuit board and remove it to get at them, nor how to take them out for possible cleaning. I would sooner not have to remove the flexible board; resoldering connections to PCBs isn’t one of my stronger points, I much prefer mechanisms. Has anyone any experience of the insides of a T70? If so I would be glad of some guidance.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration