Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri E.Bn lens / shutter disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Petri E.Bn lens / shutter disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ken V

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 02, 2005 - 03:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wonder if anyone has any experience disassembling this lens / shutter. I'm looking to get at the shutter only to de-gum it with some lighter fluid, lightly oil moving parts with some moebus oil, clean the elements and pop it all back together.

I've gotten as far as removing the first element and retaining ring, and removing the larger lens retaining ring. I've cleaned the iso ring and it turns freely, as well as the aperture ring. Truth be told I'm a tinkerer at heart and am quite pleased with myself so far. But, I'm also practical in knowing if I go any further I may completely mess something up.

Can anyone offer any help? Any resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

Winfried

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 02:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have no experience with the Ebn, but with the 2.8 Rangefinder and Racer. Usually there is a large ring nut around the shutter collar, sometimes it is visible only if the second lens element is removed together with its mount. After loosening that nut you can lift the shutter cover and the speed dial. You may also remove the shutter cam disk. You can refer to the section about Copal shutters on

www.daniel.mitchell.name

the Petri shutters are similar and usually not too complicated.

Ken V

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Winfried. Your info got me further into the lens / shutter assembly, and the website with the copal shutter images is absolutely perfect. Already have this apart and am doing some flushing of old lubricants and a touch of oiling. Should have it back together and working well in no time. Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration