Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica LB2 - removing shutter gears. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Praktica LB2 - removing shutter gears. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 03, 2005 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Practica LB2 is extremely stiff to wind on, because the slipping clutch in the take-up spool is much too tight.

To get to this it looks as though the spindle has to come out from above, which means removing the shutter gear-train. I have removed the top cover and the frame counter, exposing the third of the 3 screws which appear to hold the gearbox to the body.

I cannot see how the shutter itself links to this mechanism, and do not want to go ahead blindly and wreck the thing. How should I continue the dismantling, or am I going about this job completely the wrong way?

Tony Duell

Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 04:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If this is like all the other L series, it's best to remove and refit the timing unit with the shutter _wound_.

Then just remove the 3 screws and lift it out. There are no hidden springs or anything to worry about.

I think when putting it back it's possible to get one of the levers the wrong side of another one, but if you do that it won't work at all. Generally on the second attempt it all goes properly.

Steve

Posted on Saturday, June 04, 2005 - 07:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Tony, that seemed to go OK!

The rest looks do-able now that I can see where I'm going.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration