Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Electro 35 GS Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Yashica Electro 35 GS « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tony

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 07:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just purchased this camera off eBay, but I noticed that the film advance lever rarely winds anything. I played around with it a little and it winds once every like 20 or so pulls of the lever. I was wondering if there is anything I could do to fix this?

Oh and the counter progresses whether it winds the film or not. Also, the counter resets when the back is open, so I guess the counter is fine.

I would really like to test out this camera asap. Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks
Tony

Harlee

Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 05:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have you removed the bottom plate to see what it's not doing? I had an Electro 35 that wouldn't wind the film, and upon removing the bottom plate, I noticed that the screw on the bottom of the rewind lever had come loose. There's sort of a clutch arrangement that is held in place by a screw and if it's not tight, the clutch cannot engage and move the film advance.

Vaughn D Stonerock

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 08:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I purchased a Yashica Electro 35 off e-bay. The shutter on the lens is closed and I can't take a picture. It is not the focus shutter but the outer one you can see if you look into the lens. The auto button was stuck on. It will not snap a picture. I have put a new battery in, but no help.
Thanks,
Vaughn

Martin

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Vaughn - there's only one shutter I think - what do you mean by "outer shutter"?

Does the battery test indicate that the battery is good? If not look for a corroded wire from the battery compartment. If the battery test works it could be an oily shutter. To fix you have to clean the shutter. Both fixes have been discussed here - try the search utility.

Good luck - Martin

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration