Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AE-1 Bad streak in pictures Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon AE-1 Bad streak in pictures « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alan Little

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 09:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After a recent vacation, I used 4 rolls of print film in my AE-1. All 4 rolls had an orange streak about 30% of the total width right down the middle of my prints. Any ideas? I've never had a moment's problem with the camera.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 06, 2005 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first thought is that the light seals for the rear door have disintegrated.If you have not renewed the seals then they will be in a pretty poor state and they should be renewed.Look up the eBay dealer Interslice, for good value replacement kits with plenty of helpful instructions.

However about 6 months ago I did 8 test exposures on a 36 exp colour neg film and had it locally processed.I usually use B&W and self process,but I was in a hurry.The exposed negs had a continuous streak through them but so had the rest of the film,which had not left the cassette whilst it was in the camera.The streak was due to a processing fault.As the images were sharp, the test exposures did their job.I wondered how many important films were ruined before the machine was repaired?So if the seals are new,the door catch is not loose and shutter blinds are not damaged you should look carefully at the processing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration