Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica ST705 film advance broken Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fujica ST705 film advance broken « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

eric_schwab

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 01:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone know how to get to the film advance mechanism? The film advance lever has no resistance. It feels as though a pin/screw has come loose and the lever is no longer attached to the winding spool

Gary

Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Eric,

I was hoping a Fujica expert would reply already. It's been awhile since I worked on a ST series Fujica but here goes: I believe the cap on top the lever advance just spins off clock-wise. Might use a rubber stopper to get a good grip. Lever assembly removal should be straight forward once cap is off. If it's a damaged part in that assembly it should be obvious. If it's a more serious problem inside the camera that may well involve more work.

ST705 might use the same lever assembly as ST705-W. If so, these are quite different than most if not all other ST series cameras. I know my ST705 is very different than ST701, ST605, etc.

You might try the following website, join it and ask your question to members of that group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fujica35mmslrs/

Good luck!

John Farrell

Posted on Saturday, June 11, 2005 - 02:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I repaired an ST705W which had the same problem. The 2 pins which link the wind lever to the wind mechanism were sheared. The wind mechanism had been forced, because a piece of aluminium light shield was wound around one of the shutter shafts.

Stuart Willis

Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 08:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

May I offer a contribution ?

The cap on the film advance lever-wind removes conventionally as in counter-clockwise to unscrew. It is not a left hand thread. As mentioned by Gary - it needs a rubber tool to break its "stick".

If the lever is advancing with zero resistance then John Farrell's speculation is probably right on the button. That is of course the lever-wind coupling. The actual mechanism is under the baseplate. Have you looked in there ?

Stuart Willis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration