Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Autoreflex TC random exposure Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Konica Autoreflex TC random exposure « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lars

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 04:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Konica Autoreflex TC has started to play trix on me. The exposure has become completely random. The result can be anything from 3 steps above to as many below correct exposure. The exposure meter in the viewfinder gives a normal reading. The shutter is resonably accurate. I have tested several different lenses, all with the same result. The battery compartment is clean and the batteries are new. I have even checked the all the wires, and they are all in place.
What next?
Has anybody got any idea what the problen might be?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 09, 2005 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

if i remember the TC system correctly, the aperture value is set by a needle-trapping device that closes down over the meter needle as you depress the shutter release button. if something is obstructing the normal movement of the trap, it could give a false signal to the lens even through the needle is in the right position - if this is the case you might notice that the needle does not "freeze" on its setting as you press the button. this would cause random errors but only in one direction (i can't recall if it would be over or under exposure).

the other (and more obvious) thought, although it's apparently already occurred to you, is a sticky lens diaphragm slowing the leaves down. this would also cause a more or less random error, but only in the direction of overexposure, and more severe when shooting at small apertures than at large ones, and somewhat more severe at high shutter speeds than slow ones, and it would be a function of a particular lens (or lenses) rather than of the body.

i can't think of anything at the moment that gives a large random error in both directions.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration