Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fujica 35ml rangefinder lens removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fujica 35ml rangefinder lens removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 07:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello - I think this forum is excellent - it's very interesting reading through all the info! I have a Fujica 35-ML rangefinder with a shutter that won't open. The shutter is a series of "blades" that spring open and closed. I cannot figure how to remove the lens to access the shutter's inner workings - has anyone ever done this? I cannot find any screws to remove on the lens.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stuart Willis

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Fujica 35ML shutter mechanism is accessible from the front in the conventional manner. You do not remove the lens (per se) in order to service the shutter (which is actually a Citizen shutter based on the Prontor SVS). This camera does not use a focusing front lens element but rather the entire lens/shutter block moves axially in unison.

Stripping to expose the shutter mechanism on this model is tricky but not difficult if you have opened up a few similar type cameras but would be a nightmare and a ticket to disaster if you haven't.

Removal and reinstallation of the top-plate is a whole story in itself. Maybe I will post a Fujica 35ML article to our Forum here.

The short summary of my answer is - if you are experienced - then go for it. If not - forget it or consign it to someone competent to handle it.

Best

Stuart Willis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration