Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica Super TL and ghosts Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Praktica Super TL and ghosts « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Miljenko Pintar

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 13, 2005 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From time to time I get some ghost like haze on my pictures taken with Super TL. I've chacked the camera for light leakage with no results. Any ideas?

Nicolas

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 06:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Are the film's margins fogged?

Maybe a problem with film quality? I have sometimes slight discoloration issue with some films.

Another possibiliy: lack of coating of the lens. Are these pictures taken in particular light conditions?

Jon Goodman

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 09:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is the aperture on your lens working well? It should not be sluggish. Sometimes if the aperture is still moving as the shutter opens, you will get a hazy shroud on the outer edges, and if the aperture is slow to close, your pictures will be overexposed, making them look hazy.

Jon

Miljenko

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Funy thing is, that on the same film, I can have good photos and "ghosts". I'm allmost sure, that happens more often in cold weather. Could it be the water wapore?

The pics are otherwise clear, but with some ghost like (smoke like) shapes. When I was trying to get an answer on google, I got only pages with paranormal stories (ghost hunters).

Regarding aperture problems, I do have sometimes problem with one lens, but the pics are not overexposed or hazy on the outer edges. I'm not sure if that happens only with this lens.

I see this is hard problem and gues I'll have to put this camera aside.

Thanks!

Rob

Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2005 - 07:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What kind of lens do you use??? I have a Praktica Super TL, and it's wonderful. I have a variety of lenses, and so far, the pictures have been good. I have a Pentacon 1.8/50, a Helios 44/M, Focal 28 mm wide angle, and an Evanon 5.6/200 zoom lens. I've shot pics in every type of weather, and the curtain shutter has been fine. If you don't like the camera, I'll be glad to take the evil thing off of your hands...

Miljenko

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 03:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry!

I didn't check those pages for long time. I don't think this cammera is worthy sending it anywhere. It was use to be a toy for a kid. It doesn't work on "B", light meter is not trimed, ghost...

Miljenko

Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2005 - 03:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

...Oh. If someone would like to see how those ghosts looklike, I can send a photo by E-mail.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration