Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pls. recommend affordable reflected l... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Pls. recommend affordable reflected light-meter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CJ

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Weimar Lux meter has bitten the dust. The up/down switch on the side has frozen, is difficult to move, and no longer switches between the high and low registers without a goodly amount of fiddling.

Darn. I really liked that meter.

With that said, can anybody recommend a reasonably accurate, affordable meter? My father has offered to give me his battered-looking Sekonic [L-398?] meter, but I noticed it's selenium powered, and probably won't work accurately. Moreover, it looks to be of the ambient light variety.

I liked the Weimar Lux because I could use it to determine night-time exposures with it's wide scale. Can anyone recommend something like that unit, but perhaps better constructed? Also: please suggest a price range that I should be paying for it, as I've noticed some meters (Gossen, Weston) are all over the map regarding price.

Thanks,

-CJ

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I personally use Gossen Lunasix 3 or a 3S.Both came off ebay,the 3 cost UK£25.00 and the 3S UK£40.00.The 3 was complete with Gossens SR44 battery convertor (£20.00).Dealer prices are around £55.00 and £95.00 respectively second hand.(The 3S is near £300.00 new.)If you go for Lunasix remember that only latest model 3S came with the 1.55 volt adaptor and the SR44 adaptor is best way to go.Another point is that Gossen can only service/repair the black bodied Lunasix.They have no spares for the earlier grey body meters.

I have seen many bargain Gossen meters on the US ebay site,even with S&H to the UK.Also there are other accurate meters on offer,I just like the 3/3S!

CJ

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 04:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you, Glenn!

paul ron

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 02:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have used a Gossen Luna Pro for many years and love em. I have 4 of em in the closet, I can part with one for $60 if you want?

E-mail me if you are interested?
[email protected]
Paul NYC

CJ

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

paul ron--

Thank you very much for the offer. That's more than I can spend on a meter at the moment, but I'll send you e-mail when my cash flow is better and we can perhaps do a deal then.

Cheers,

-CJ

paul ron

Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 03:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Whenever you're ready, let me know.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration