Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Schneider-Kreuznach 18-200mm lens Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Schneider-Kreuznach 18-200mm lens « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Forrest Ray

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 03:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Has anyone had experience with this lens? I would like to use it for astronomical use. The objective is 5", with a f 2.1. My understanding the lens is from a old television camera circa 1970 - 75.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The optics will be up there with the best from that period.I have only used Schneider-Kreuznach prime lenses of that period with Arriflex equipment, so can give no details of the zooms.You will have to take into consideration the mount type and whether it will be compatible, even if adapters are available.I have no idea what type of mount/focal distance etc,TV cameras use.Here in UK I know of a firm that will make special adapters,but coverage and infinity focus can be problematic on some combinations.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration