Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus Trip Sticking Aperture Blades Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus Trip Sticking Aperture Blades « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 06:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Just bought a mint condition Olympus Trip (paid £6) at a good price because the aperture blades were stuck. The blades would not open, stuck at f22. I read this forum and found that the aperture blades needed cleaning. After doing this and reassembling I find that the blades now open perfectly but occasionally when the shutter is released the blades will not close right down, they get stuck during closure at about f8. A flick of the shutter button will release the blades and let them close right down. How can I fix this ? Do you think I didn't get the blades clean enough ? Or might there be another cause of this. All help appreciated. Steve.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 02:28 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi again, Well I did the job again, this time I did the cleaning even more thoroughly and now everything is working OK. On another note I had to make a tool to remove the three screws in the lens ring. It is a right angle screwdriver. I made it from a 2mm hex key. I had to saw it a little and file a screwdriver tip on the end to fit the screwhead. In fact I made two of these, one having the blade offset by 90 degrees. Using these two tools prevented damage to the screws.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration