Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus 35RC self timer lever needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus 35RC self timer lever needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruce Robbins

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would anyone have a self timer lever for an Olympus 35RC that they don't need? If you don't have the lever on its own, I'd consider a camera suitable for canabalisation. My camera is missing the lever and the hole just keeps staring back at me. Please PM me if you can help.

Bruce

charlie

Posted on Monday, June 20, 2005 - 06:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a similar question about an Oly 35 DC. I don't want to shortstop the lever Bruce needs. I am just wondering if these cameras work with no self timer linkage or is the linkage, even in the unactivated mode, necessary for all shutter operation.

CJ

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 08:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

FYI--

The self-timer on my 35RC scares me a bit. I'd advise both of you to have a CLA done before using it. My camera works fine excluding the self-timer. I've tried it twice, and my hypothesis is that those mechanisms get seriously gummed up over time if the previous owner hadn't used it much. I had a few minutes of panic when the timer stopped before tripping the shutter, and had to cajole & fiddle with it in order to finish it's duty cycle. Ugh. Not again.

I just wanted you folks to bear that in mind, lest you become the owner of a frozen 35RC. Which would suck.

Cheers,

-CJ

clint

Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 08:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

CJ -- if you release the self-timer with the camera in Auto, and it winds down while there's not enough light for an exposure, the release stops just like when you press it yourself! To get it to fire, you then have to re-charge the selftimer lever (to let the release button up), and make sure there's enough light for an Auto exposure or set the camera for a manual exposure.

Bruce (and others) -- I've still got some new selftimer levers for the RC/RD/etc. Write me at [email protected] and I can get you one (just one! I don't have many!)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration