Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fed 5C Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fed 5C « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:08 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Fed 5C that takes wonderful pictures. The one little snafu is the flash synch. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I am aware the flash synch only works on 1/30 of a second. The speed dial seems to have some play in it, and how might I tighten it?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Play in dial is not problem and unless the grub-screws are loose,cannot be removed.Problem most likely dirt/corrosion on contacts.To remove top, go to Rick Oleson's excellent site where he has both diagram and pictures of FED 5.

www.rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-58.html

The above is the FED 5 page.Clean the contacts and check the tightness of grub screws on dial pillar.Also make sure the contact insulator is clean.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration