Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

LunaPro F replace incident dome Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » LunaPro F replace incident dome « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Gary

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 21, 2005 - 09:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm trying to figure out how to replace the yellowed incident dome on my LunaPro-F. I can't seem to figure out how to separate the front of the meter w/o breaking something.

thanks

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Wednesday, June 22, 2005 - 11:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Remove battery and the alloy data plate on back of meter.Then remove the the four brass slot-head screws that are visible on the circuit board.Hold top and bottom parts of case and pull straight apart.Note the board is held in the top half of case by a three pronged connector,so do not twist or pull off at an angle.Take care that the glass cell cover does not fall out.

Reassembly is just the reverse, but ensure that the foam pad in battery compartment does not become trapped.

All Lunasix/pro meter cases open this way.The ordinary six or pro needs the data plate prying off rather than unscrewing, as in the F.

gary

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 08:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks,

Like many things, sounds easy one you know the "trick"

Another related question,

How do I remove the round clear plastic cover on the face of the meter, the part you look through to see the exposure. It is kind of "dirty" under there and I would like to clean out the "gunk" from under there.

Thanks a bunch

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try using a soft rubber bung or a sheet of rubber.Unscrews anticlockwise,note placement of spring washers.

Note-Do not push down hard once the screw is moving.The screw is course threaded into plastic and it is possible to damage the plastic threads if care is not taken when unscrewing.

Actually the little alloy centre disc (blue/red flash on US meters?)is stuck on.If you pry off there is Allen socket in alloy screw.However the disc is difficult to remove without damage.

Do not try and remove the rotating setting disc/wheel.It is located by a number of plastic fingers, which break without the jig to remove this assembly.

The computer discs were originally greased on assembly.Having cleaned off all the dirt,use a piece of thin paper between rotating wheel and body,I use a silicone grease on reassembly.The grease used to aid assembly of push fit drainpipes is ideal for this.

Note- Gossen in Germany will supply free of charge the little stick on disc and other small parts ie the alloy data plate on back,battery doors and the brass screws that hold case together.Just go to their site and find the small parts order form,state your wants and they come almost by return.

www.gossen-photo.de

Go to photography and then service.You can download all the instruction manuals as well.

Remove any scratches in the clear plastic disc with a paste type metal polish.They come up looking like new.

gary

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 12:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a bunch guys.

I'm being dragged into the 21st centrury. I still like the analog needle meters. And my Metrastar just went on the shelf due to lack of mercury PX625 batteries...unless I can find a stash. So the Gossen is my last hold out.

Gary

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Gary,

Here in UK I can purchase a converter that uses modern silver cell,fits in 625 space and gives 1.35 volts.The single cell adapter is a bit expensive from The Small Battery Company (£25?),but my two Canon FTb meters work perfectly. Gossen do a double version for the Lunasix/pro for £20 including two SR44 cells!Both these products are true voltage converters and not just lumps of metal that hold smaller batteries.I am sure you must be able to purchase similar in your neck of the woods.Contact me if you require details.

Agree with your analog comments,always have a Lunasix 3S in my pocket and supplement with the F when using flash.

Glenn

charlie

Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 06:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Can you use #675 hearing aid batteries in the metrastar? They may be a little smaller in size, requiring some kind of spacer to position them correctly.

gary

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 11:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't know about the 675.
I guess the key is the voltage. The 625A alkaline are too high for the Metrastar. On battery check needle goes too far to the right, and the manual specifically states that it should NOT go to the right of the mark. So if the 675 is not the same voltage as the 625 then same problem.

I did look at the Wein air battery, but with only a 3-4 month life, it's an expensive 625 alternative.

Gary

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration