Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to adjust the Leningrad rangefinder? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » How to adjust the Leningrad rangefinder? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jochen Busch

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 12:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The rangefinder of my like new (1959) Leningrad is misalligned horizontaly and verticaly. Can anybody help? Sorry, the question was already in this forum. Unfortunately the answer was not.

John Cribbin

Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2005 - 04:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Jochen,

I can only refer you back into the mists of time.

If you go to Yahoo Groups & do a search for russiancamera you will find an old forum now sadly overun with spam. However if you join and go to Files and the open the folder Parlin Stuff you will find some pictures and information on the Leningrad's rangefinder adjustment.

This group migrated to the Russian Camera forum at Beststuff.com some years ago due to the spam on Yahoo, so if you need any more information go there and I'm sure you will get lots of help.

John

Jochen Busch

Posted on Friday, June 24, 2005 - 04:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks John for your hint and Gary, who mailed me helpful informations.
In short:
the little plate on top has a bajonett-mount and under it you find the screw for vertical adjustment;
the screw for horizontal adjustment is exactly like the FED behind the screw near the RF-window. Unforunatelly at my Leningrad there is a plain surfce behind this screw. Nothing that can be handled with a screwdriver. Seems I have to remove the top.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration