Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

HELP!!! Pentax Sp 500 can't rewind...... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » HELP!!! Pentax Sp 500 can't rewind.... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Matt Ross

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 04:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This is the first time this problem has happened to my Pentax SP500. After I've depressed the button and attempted to rewind the film, the rewind dial cannot move, thus the film is still in the back of the camera.

When I shot the last exposure, I didn't overadvance the film so I don't believe the problem is a "tear" in the roll.

I can shoot a blank shot, advance the film and try the process again, but no luck.

I'm in Central America but nowhere near someplace where I would trust somebody to look at the camera.

Besides just leaving the camera alone until I return home, any suggestions? Anyone!

Thanks a lot,

MATT
==

Don

Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 04:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try holding the rewind button down as you rewind the film.
Don

Matt Ross

Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks. I've always done that but now the button has stuck and remained in place.

Another suggestion?

MATT
==

Ken Thomas

Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2005 - 08:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

First I would try advancing the film with the rewind button pushed in. If that dosn't correct the problem find a bathroom. Place a towel under the door to block out any light. Turn the light off and if you cannot see anything in 2-3 minutes open the camera. You should then be able to remove the film. YOu will have to keep the rewind button pushed in. DO NOT TOUCH THE Film except on the edges.You can then rewind the film back in the can by hand. Now the camera will probably work. or at least you can look at it.
Ken

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration