Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mamiya Press 90mm shutter mis-fire Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Mamiya Press 90mm shutter mis-fire « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bruce Robbins

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 26, 2005 - 02:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All the speeds on this lens seem to be working OK with the exception of 1/8th which is firing at something like 1/30th. Would the lighter fluid trick work on this occasion or is this an indication that there's something a bit more serious going on here?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Regards,
Bruce

Ed

Posted on Monday, June 27, 2005 - 12:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1/8 second is one of the most difficult speeds--only a short section of the gear travel is used and if the shutter is used FREQUENTLY at that speed you could end up with a escapement problem and replacement is not available. Try adjusting the escapement by lossening the retaining screw toward top of camera and see if you can change the speed--the next step would be to adjust by CAREFULLY bending the escapement slightly outward to increase time, if you break off this pin, you are in trouble.

Bruce Robbins

Posted on Tuesday, June 28, 2005 - 05:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ed,

Thanks for responding. I'd like to give your suggestion a try but I don't know my way about lenses having just taken an interest in camera repair. Can you point me in the direction of any diagrams showing the parts to which you're referring?

Regards,
Bruce

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration