Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replacing shutter curtains on 4x5 pre... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Replacing shutter curtains on 4x5 press camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Paul H

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 02:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I have an MPP Micro Press camera. It has a focal plane shutter, like a Speed Graphic. The shutter speed is set directly by setting the speed and sliding the L/H switch (low speed / heigh speed).

The curtains have seen better days, and someone has tried to repair them in the past (not me!). Rather than try and clean off the glue, fix a couple of little tears on the edges, I was thinking it would be better to replace the curtains.

Any advice on where to get a complete curtain, or am I going to have to make one up myself. Is it possible to replace the curtain without disassembling the shutter mechanism, i.e. just by taking the curtains off the rollers?

(According to someone who knows far more than I do, the mechanism is very much like the SG, so any info on repairing these camera's FP shutter curtains will likely be valid & useful)

Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Peter Wallage

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might like to look into joining the MPP users' Club http://www.mppusers.freeuk.com/index.htm

They have a lot of knowledgeable members, and also have a forum, but I believe you have to be a member to see it.

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration