Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon av 1 shutter speed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Canon av 1 shutter speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick smith

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 08:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

shutter speed is always 1/60 no matter what speed is selected even when B is dialled in. I have the top off and cleaned contacts under shutter dial but no difference. any one have any suggestions

Don

Posted on Wednesday, June 29, 2005 - 12:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think this model is similar to the AE1 so maybe the ccc contact is shorting on the eyepiece. On the AE1,it's just in front of the eyepiece, the lower of the 2 contacts.
Don

Stuart Willis

Posted on Tuesday, July 12, 2005 - 07:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Since you have the top-plate removed, look carefully just forward of the frame-counter at the front of the camera. You will see a copper-coloured bellcrank (I suspect it is made of Invar). The forward end has a small wiper beath it and the rear bellcrank arm features but a plain 1.5mm hole.

There is a nearby pin on which the aforesaid hole should mount. If the bellcrank arm is off the pin - you can gently coax it back using a crochet hook.

I am not quite sure how that particular component interfaces with the shutter-release but it certainly does so and the electronics will not fire the shutter if it is displaced.

Please let the forum know the outcome.

Best

Stuart Willis

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration