Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to disassemble Compur-Rapid with ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » How to disassemble Compur-Rapid with Vaskar lens? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrick Shelston

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 07:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello all, first time poster.

I'm having some difficulty figuring out how to disassemble the shutter on my new-to-me Voigtlander Bessa (original one). It has a Compur-Rapid shutter with a Vaskar f4.5 lens.

Most instructions I've seen say to unscrew the infinity stop -- not possible on mine without removing the front element first --, the unscrew the face plate or to unscrew from behind the bellows -- I don't see any screws!

I took some pictures and placed them here.
http://toronto.shelston.com/bessa/

Thanks in advance!
Patrick Shelston

Dan Mitchell

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 10:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

From what I remember, I think you need to remove the focus ring first on the Bessa. Set the lens to inifinity, then back out the grub screws around the ring until you can lift the focus ring off. Mark the infinity position on the lens barrel and then unscrew the lens.

At that point it should be the same as other front cell focusing lenses.

Patrick Shelston

Posted on Thursday, June 30, 2005 - 01:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Wow, those grub screws are TINY! Time for a new minuture screw-driver set.

Thanks, I will try that.

Mike Kovacs

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

David Richert hosted an overhaul I did on an Ikonta folder with the same shutter. I hope that it may be of use to you. Have fun!

http://www.davidrichert.com/zeiss_521_16_compur_rapid_shutter.htm

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration