Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fed 5C Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Fed 5C « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 09:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently picked up a BN Fed 5C, and comparing the meter reading with my old Fed 5C, I notice that the new one is approximately 3-4 F stops overexposed. I know there is a way to calibrate the meter by going in through the name plate, I think. There used to be a web site on these Feds, but I can't recall where it was. Can anyone direct me to the web site or tell me how to get into the meter to adjust it? Thanks!

zygiozi

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi.I got many selenium metered rusian cameras and none has correct meter reading..My advice is to overide the ASA setting to adjust the differece of meter.eg.instead of 100 set up 400 and this way you got approx.correct result.Or remember the difference and change aperture by 2 stroks down.

Paul Schwartz

Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2005 - 05:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I must be lucky. My Fed 5 seems to be working well with a minor exception. To my ear it's impossible to distinguish between the 1/15 and 1/30 shutter speeds. I wonder... is it possible to rotate the slotted speed disc a few degrees counterclockwise to slow down the 1/15 or will this disturb all the other speed settings? I have a hunch there is nothing wrong with the escapement itself because all the other slow speeds sound right. Any advice?

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 05:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

See Rick Oleson's site, seem to remember he has pics and notes on setting up the escapment properly on the FED 5.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration