Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Diacord sticky shutter Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Diacord sticky shutter « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don Nathan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 11:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My "Diacord" (Ricohflex labelled - looks like early G model) shutter appears to run at about 1/25th max speed. The blades open relatively quickly but close very slowly, as if they are liquid damped! The camera is otherwise very clean and shows little signs of wear.Advise on disassembly and cleaning required!

Winfried

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 03:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can check

www.daniel.mitchell.name

for repair instructions on some Copal shutters. The one on your Diacord should be very similar. In your case I think the blades are gummed together. In these cases a total strip-down to the blades is the best method, but with some patience you can also wipe them again and again with lighter fluid.

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 05:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't have anything specific for the Diacord, but most TLRs are constructed pretty similarly. I have a page showing service notes for some other, similar TLRs at:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-158.html

rick : ) =

Don Nathan

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 01:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

With the help and advice found here I have removed the shutter mechanism entirely, not wanting to damage the lenses in any way. This was fairly simple - after removing the front leatherette and nine tiny brass crews the two piece front housing came off.I removed the shutter and lenses, cleaned the shutter blades with qtips and ronsonol and presto - the thing seems to work just fine. The next question is: should I do anything further or is this likely to be adequate?

Jon Flanders

Posted on Monday, July 04, 2005 - 06:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've cleaned a lot of leaf shutters with naptha and q tips, and once cleaned they contine to work.

I cleaned my Diacord by only removing the rear lens element and swabbing from there.

Your complete removal certainly should be enough

Jon Flanders

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration