Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

ZENIT E camera/Russian classic Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » ZENIT E camera/Russian classic « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

zygiozi

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 05:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello .I would more when appreciate any constructive advice how to dismantle camera top off the body prior to clean prism as have no idea about it.. There are no fastening tiny screws as usually cameras have to hold knobs both sides or even top cover itself (winder..etc) It is a mistery for me ...I simply do not want to damage camera by brutal force with pliers..(-: Zygi

rick

Posted on Friday, July 01, 2005 - 07:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

take a look here:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/zenitrepair.html

: ) =

Stuart Willis

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 02:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have not visited the link as kindly given you by Rick - but you will find that there is a large screw deep inside the film take-up spool - which requires a long-series screwdriver.

My purpose here is to offer a word of caution.
In my experience the metallurgy of the Zenit-E is pretty 'orrible. The chassis aluminium is very soft and internal threads strip if you so much as look at 'em. More particularly in your case, is that the brass screws are very brittle and prone to shearing. Make sure that your screwdriver business end is a perfect fit for the screw-slots and, place a microdot of WD40 around the screws and leave overnight before proceeding.

Also be aware that the brass screw which secures the timer lever - is a LEFT HANDED THREAD and therefore unscrews clockwise.

Hope this helps.

Best

Stuart Willis

alumininium chassis

Chuck Frey

Posted on Monday, August 29, 2005 - 10:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently I bought a Zenit 312m at a flea market--at least it was cheap. In a moment of poor judgment,i tried an older Pentax lens on the camera and then discovered I couldn't get it off.
The lens turns about a quarter inch and than hits something and won't unscrew. (It's not the diaphragm pin because I checked. Any advice?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration