Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

PETRI PREST WILL NOT FOCUSE-Ray Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » PETRI PREST WILL NOT FOCUSE-Ray « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wm. R. Johnson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2005 - 07:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I'm new at owning camera's, but with the advent of Ebay, I've become the proud owner of a Perti Prest and I've got problem's. First I can't get it to focuse no matter how I try with the focuse ring the image stays the same. In turning the camera over and inspecting it I heard something loose and rolling around inside close to the range finder. I hope someone has a couple of hint's. Thanking you in advance...
Ray

Winfried

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 02:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think "the image stays the same" refers to what you see in the rangefinder? Sometimes one of the mirrors inside the rangefinder gets loose (they are often glued into place). Removing the top cover of this camera should not be a big issue.

In case you find a loose mirror, reglue it onto its frame. Check with a wooden toothpick which is the reflecting surface: you should not see any gap between the tip and its mirrored image. Glue the mirror into place with the reflecting surface away from the frame. You can use epoxy glue or superglue. NEVER apply glue directly, put a small amount on the tip of a screwdriver and apply.

You probably will have to readjust the rangefinder. I found that on some Petri cameras you just have to bend the mirror holder - the adjustment screws inside the rangefinder are rather for close distance adjustment.

P Laskey

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 02:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If this camera is a rangefinder, the finder image will not change when the focus ring is turned. Only on a reflex can you see the image projected by the lens. you can get a manual from Craigcamera.com
http://www.craigcamera.com/lit_miscellaneous.htm
PL

Wm. R Johnson

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
I've tried to respond to an answer to a question I had posed but aol state's it's not a valid email address. Thanks P Laskey for your help
I'll give you an update. Thanks again
Ray

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration