Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

PLEASE!! How do I open the back of a ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » PLEASE!! How do I open the back of a canon Ftb QL? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Patrice

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 02:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been trying for too long now to open the back of a canon Ftb QL. What is the trick????? I do not know if there is any film inside or not. The rewinder window is stuck on '38'. PLEASE!! Any help is appreciated!!!! THANKS !

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 03:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You just pull up on the rewind knob. Sometimes catch can be stiff, so give a good pull. But first press in the rewind button ,found on the base, and try to rewind the film. If you do this with camera to your ear, you can hear the film moving in the camera.

Other way to check for loaded film is to very gently wind on. If wind on lever seems stuck then you have reached end of film.

Go to
www.canonfd.com/choose.htm
you will find a Ftb manual that you can download in the manual section.

Frame counter can get stuck if the plastic window is loose and falls onto counter. As I hardly take any notice of frame count, I cannot remember if Ftb counts back on rewinding. It should zero when the back is opened.

Opening under bed covers in the dark, will allow you to retrieve any film in the camera should it have become detached from the cassette.Just push back into cassette slot by hand.

Good luck

cliff

Posted on Monday, August 08, 2005 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

the back of the ftb ql is opend wth the fold out D on the base of the camera on the left. fold it out then turn it 1/4 turn. IF THE FILM COUNTER IS ON 38, then either theres a film inside that has NOT been rewound. or the camera has been wound on and the shutter released 38 times. as the counter resets to zero when the back is opened, youll rip any film in it if you try to rewind the film with out pressing the small countersunk button with a red dot, on the base right side.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 09:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Which series/model of the Canon FTb slr ever had a base plate door release catch???? This Forum is there to offer practical help, not to confuse even more.

Jan Dvorak

Posted on Tuesday, August 09, 2005 - 05:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glen is correct. All Canon SLR's with the 'b' suffix used the rewind knob to open the back, like the majority of other cameras. Previous models like the FT, TL, FX etc., had the base plate release catch Cliff is referring to.

Jan

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration