Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

On Taking Apart AGFA SILETTE-F Pronto... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » On Taking Apart AGFA SILETTE-F Prontor 125 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

David

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 03, 2005 - 03:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a problem with my Agfa Silette-F Prontor 125. I think I will have to replace the lens entirely as I purchased it damaged, but I would like to take the camera apart and cannot--particularly so that I can get to the shutter, which is broken. Once I have unscrewed the side screws and the ones that face you when you open it to put in the film, how do I then take off the metal top and seperate the camera into parts? I think the problem is that I cannot take off the top without removing the film winder and the other knobs on the top of hte camera and I think I cannot take the middle part apart without taking off the top? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cyril Lowe

Posted on Friday, August 05, 2005 - 02:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had to remove the top from a Silette this week. The shutter appeared broken too. To remove the top, open the camera back place a screwdriver or something in the rewind shaft and turn the rewind knob anticlockwise.Under this knob is a screw in the cover. The other screw which holds the top on is under the wind-on lever which is held by a screw with two tiny holes. I removed this screw by using a pair of spring-bow dividers with the points reversed.(These fit the holes perfectly) Mine was so tight I hit on the idea of applying heat which I did by pouring some lighter fluid onto the screw and setting fire to it with a cigarette lighter! I had to do it twice, and lo and behold, the screw came loose! And no harm done.

Cyril Lowe

Posted on Sunday, August 07, 2005 - 02:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Further to my last message, after getting the shutter etc, going on my Silette, I have found that the 1second and the 1/25th sec. settings are reversed!This wont be a problem if I remember it. Interesting though,innit?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration