Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM2 viewfinder needle Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Olympus OM2 viewfinder needle « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Angie

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 08, 2005 - 04:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When I turn selector level to auto or manual, viewfinder needle does not move. Batteries are new. Thanks

rick oleson

Posted on Friday, July 08, 2005 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

does the camera work?

you could have a broken wire to the viewfinder meter - i've had it happen (can be very hard to fix, it's very small in there). if this is the problem, the camera will continue to work fine, auto exposures will still be correct, you just won't know what shutter speed you're getting and you'll have no meter in manual.

if the camera does NOT work, then you could have a broken wire at the battery case - easier to fix than in the meter movement, but still a fair amount of work usually. any other cause (other than an unlucky bad new battery) would be a more serious problem.

DO make sure the batteries are installed the right way though, before doing anything drastic.

clint

Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 08:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OM-2/2n's are prone to meter failure -- I've replaced hundreds over the years. Hope it's a broken meter wire -- the meters are no longer available except harvested from "donor" bodies.

As noted, the camera will function perfectly even if the meter is "dead" -- on the OM-2 and 2n, the meter is an indicator only and does not control any function directly.

Veronica

Posted on Saturday, October 08, 2005 - 02:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My meter is not working either. I have determined that it is the meter coil that needs to be replaced, however, these are apparently very rare. Does anyone know of a company/place/individual with a meter coil for an Olympus OM-1?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration