Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica TC, random exposure - sorted Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Konica TC, random exposure - sorted « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lars

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 01:50 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I presented this problem a couple of weeks ago. It took some time, but now it is solved. It was not as I first thought, a wiring or voltage problem. The inner parts of the meter movement had come loose. Probably due to rough handling. The needle and coil was still in its bearings but the magnets had come adrift. When the needle was trapped, the exposure value could be just about anything. (This is rather complicated to explain, but if You have opened one of these cameras You know what I mean). Anyhow, it was easy to fix with a small amount of epoxy glue. I have since noticed this problem on other TC´s and T4´s and on some of my spare parts as well. It is obvious that these ”compacts” are quite sensitive. I have owned a T2 since it was new, and it has never missed a beat.
On the positive side, I can tell You that these cameras are very easy to work on. No hidden snags or any nasty surprises. However, when You put the top cover back on, make sure You don’t break the small plastic tabs at the front of the prism housing.
Be careful with these ”tiny T´s”

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration