Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit-e,problem with the mirror Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2005 » Zenit-e,problem with the mirror « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

TSERIS VAGGELIS

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 10:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I ownn one Zenit-e,made by the Vilejka factory in 1983.
I have a problem with the mirror,which wont lift up when shooting.
Is there a way i can fix it?where can i get some piece of information?
thank you in advance.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 11:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to following site for Zenit E repair information.

WWW.xs4all.nl/~tomtiger/zenitrepair.html

The above is a very good site for Zenit fixes.

TSERIS VAGGELIS

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 11:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have already checked this site.
it is really a very good one but unfortunately it hasn't any information for my problem.

Glenn Middleton

Posted on Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 07:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry,I cannot offer any more suggestions.

Tseris Vaggelis

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 03:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you Glenn.
I will keep searching!

Jon Goodman

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, Tseris.
First...remove the lens and look inside. You will see a little cover plate at the bottom of the camera. It is held by two screws. Remove this. You will see a gear with a cam attached. It is the middle gear. It lifts the mirror when the shutter is operated. Maybe yours is out of adjustment? Here is a diagram of the camera from the Zenit site. It will show you in simple terms how the mirror is lifted. You can find more on the Russian site (including repair instructions), but you must be able to read Russian in Cyrillic. (there is very little on this site in English)

http://www.zenit.istra.ru/archive/zenit-e/zenit-e-kinematics.jpg

Tseris Vaggelis

Posted on Monday, July 11, 2005 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thank you Jon for your tip.
one of tsese day i will try to fix the mirror.

Charles D. Ewen

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 06:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Tseris:

Do you speak (or read) Russian? I have a Russian-language camera repair book, which contains drawings and descriptions of Zenit, Zenit-S (Zenit-C), Zenit-Z (Zenit-3), and Zenit-ZM models. I've scanned it into pdf format, but it's 112MB long. Let me know if it's of any use to you.

Tseris Vaggelis

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

THANK YOU CHARLES.
I CAN READ A FEW WORDS IN RUSSIAN.I CAN ALSO UNDERSTAND A FEW MORE.I THINK THE REPAIR BOOK COULD HELP ME WITH MY REPAIRS.
WHENEVER YOU ARE AVAILABLE YOU CAN E-MAIL IT TO ME.

Tseris Vaggelis

Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you said 112MB!
obviously i thought it was 112KB!thats why i told you to e-mail it to me!it will take quite a lot of time downloading something like that!
As i was surfing in the net i found something relevant in a russian site!so i won't be needing your repair book.
thank you anyway,for your time & your interest!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration